Chocolate, in a word, is the closest thing we have to heaven on earth. Ok, that may be a bit of a stretch, but it’s darn good! This pie recipe, is my go to recipe for meal blessings and dinner parties. It’s super simple, and gets rave reviews every time I make it. However, it is not vegan. This recipe calls for heavy whipping cream, which most ganache’s do. I would spend the extra money and buy organic heavy whipping cream. I have, however, been working on a vegan version of this pie using tofu or avocados, but the ratios’ just aren’t quite right when trying to make enough chocolate ganache for a whole pie. What I like about this recipe is that I don’t need to add any sugar. Where as if I used tofu or even avocado, I would need to add something sweet to the ganache to balance out the flavors. But when I get there, I’ll let you know!
At minimum, I use semi sweet chocolate (you could go as high as a 70% cocoa chocolate) and I don’t add any sweetener, so the pie is very, very rich….and did I mention that it’s melt in your mouth creamy? Paired with my plant based, gluten and sugar free pie crust, you can’t go wrong with this dessert. It is a home run all the way.
Start by making your pie crust using this recipe, following the chocolate pie crust recipe version. As your crust is setting, make your ganache.
Place a 12 ounce bag of chocolate chips into a medium bowl and set aside.
Using a small sauce pan, heat 1 cup of heavy whipping cream just to a boil. This step is important as it heats up really fast and you could burn it very easily.
Once heated, pour whipping cream over the chocolate chips and let it sit for 5 minutes. Do not touch it while it sits. Leave it alone and let it work it’s chocolatey magic!
After 5 minutes, start whisking the chocolate. It will take a few minutes for it to mix all of the way so be patient! And it will be thick.
2 Ingredient Chocolate Pie
- 1 12 oz bag semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Start by making your pie crust, using the chocolate pie version
- While your crust is setting, make your ganache by adding chocolate chips to a medium sized bowl. Set aside
- In a small sauce pan, heat heavy whipping cream just to a boil.
- Pour cream over chocolate chips and let sit for 5 minutes. Do not touch it.
- After 5 minutes, whisk chocolate until smooth.
- Pour ganache onto pie crust and refrigerate for 2-3 hours until set.
Until next time…