I came across a recipe from Happy Mothering about 4 years ago for no bake cookie balls. My life hasn’t been the same since! They are that good. I have come across other versions of cookie balls, disguised as energy bites, or no bake cookie heavens. But, I always come back to these. Whenever I need a quick, nutrient dense snack, dessert or potluck dish, I make these little bites of nutty, chocolatey goodness. I have used the idea from the recipe above to create my own. I hope you like it!
You will need almond butter, peanut butter, honey, ground flax seed, gluten free quick oats, and chocolate chips. Mix ingredients and any optional add-ins in a large bowl. Mix well, and make sure all oats are mixed. If dough is crumbling, add more honey or nut butter. Cover and chill in refrigerator for one hour.
Remove from fridge and roll tablespoon sized portions into balls. Store cookies in an air tight m container in the fridge. And try not to eat them all at once!! Enjoy!
No Bake Healthy Cookie Balls
Makes 16-20 balls
- 2 cups gluten free quick oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 1/2 cup almond butter, creamy
- 1 cup ground flaxseed
- 3/4 cup raw honey (maple syrup will work if need it to be vegan)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (not optional!)
- 2/3 cup Optional Add-ins: raisins, shredded unsweetened coconut
- Mix all ingredients in a medium sized bowl, make sure all of the oats are mixed in. If using maple syrup, you may need to adjust amount because of the difference in consistency. If mixture seems dry and crumbly, add more nut butter. Mixture should stick together. Cover and chill in the fridge for up to 1 hour.
- Roll TBS sized portions of mix into balls. Store in an air tight container in the fridge.
Go then, eat your bread in happiness and drink your wine with a cheerful heart.
Until next time…